Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Music Monday, New Tunes Tuesday...

Do you ever stumble upon a singer or a band and want the whole entire world to know about them?  

I am always on the hunt for new music. 
I like the big names, they are fun and always on the radio.  My absolute favorite music are the unknown names.  The artists still trying to get their names out there.  

The past couple years from following my favorite Georgia boy across the south east I have gotten to also meet and hear some of the best new artists.  

First, Stella James!

They are a group of 2 female singers and 1 male.
Sarah Davidson, Rachel Bradshaw and Ty Graham.

They first release their demo called 'Acoustic Demo Vol.1' earlier this year.  They followed the same path as Sam did and released it for FREE on their website and you can still download it here: www.stellajamesband.com.  

They put out Volume 2 at the end of August.

Stella James is what the Bro country driven genre needs to balance and bring back story telling to the Country genre without the typical tailgate and tan line lyrics.  While Stella James doesn't want to categorize themselves,  Nashville is where they need to be ;)

Stella James is one of my favorites.



I got to see them at Whiskey Jam and they are great!
Go check them out!

Next, Filmore!

I have known Tyler for a little over a year! 
I first met him when he played back up for Brett Young at a Gulf Coast Jam contest in Athens. 


At the time he was working on a project with John Gurney (pictured above in the floral) on a mixtape for The Lookout.  
I highly recommend this mixtape, it is FREE just like Stella James' on www.thelookout.com

I got know and interview these guys while I was in Nashville in October.  You can learn about them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZXmSAmdoQ

Tyler is now on his own and set to release some new music by the end of the year.  Tyler has the finger on the pulse of where the Country genre is heading and there is a tease of one of his songs 'I Got It' on his website www.tylerfilmore.com which is one of my favorites.

I saw him play at The Listening Room on one of my last few days in Nashville during CMA Fest.  He played Speechless which has easily become another one of my favorites.


New music is definitely something I am always looking for, if you are like me and are always looking for the next big thing, check out both of these acts! You will love them as much as me.

xo,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment