Thursday, September 10, 2015

Move or Move On...

I just bought a house!!

Well I closed on it a little over a month ago.  It is a super cute house, I love it!  The only problem right now is I am by myself.  No room mates just me...and my dog...

You would think, oh so awesome to live by yourself and it is by if you are anything like me you hear everything, you over think everything.

So far at the house I had to fix a "small" problem according to the inspector, the AC backed up and the gutters were never cleaned like they said they were.  I have a little bit of things to do in the basement because of moisture and the dehumidifier not being ran in the 2.5 months the house sat empty.  

I overthink everything so where the above things don't seem so bad they drive me crazy.  :)

I do love the house though and it is my biggest accomplishment to date!!

With all the craziness of the house I have been to a couple of concerts.  I saw Cale at the end of August but within the past week I have seen Jana Kramer at The Hedges on Broad (www.hedgesonbroad.com) and Michael Ray at The Georgia Theatre (www.georgiatheatre.com).

I have never seen Jana Kramer live before and I am a huge fan of One Tree Hill.  So when I saw she was coming to Athens I knew I had to go see her but in unlike fashion I waited until the last minute to get tickets and barely made it!

She was super cute being pregnant and holding on to her baby bump.  


She sang 'Why You Wanna', 'I Got the Boy'.  She even broke out into some Alanis Morrisette 'Ironic', which was amazing and she killed it! 

Her opening act was Colby Dee, I have never seen or heard of her before but like true Robin-fashion I go for the headliner and end up loving the opening act.  I loved her!  I did not know any of her songs but her cover of Gavin Degraw was on point! I am definitely a new fan.  Go check her out here: www.ColbyDee.Com

Because my life is another a picture, another city, another stage....

Last night I got to see Michael Ray play the Georgia Theatre.  

I love this venue.  It holds a special place in my heart, this is where I found Sam for the first time. 

Carrying on...

Michael headlined a concert to benefit UGA Miracle, which is an organization for the Children's Miracle Network.  

I have been to about 5 opening act shows for Michael but have never actually seen him headline.  He has a great energy on the stage.  I love to see him get into the music.  He played everything from George Strait to Fall Out Boy to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Johnny Cash.




I have to admit before last night I never heard the song Real Men Love Jesus or Somewhere South, but those easily have become 2 of my favorites.

Last night was a good night and I definitely intend to see more!

A concert in Athens is never complete without a Selfie with Ray Drew #GoDawgs


xo, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment