Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A flying flip flop and Frankie Ballard

There is one thing that can be said for my town.  

We are a Music Town!

I live just a tad bit north of Athens, GA but I consider this home.  I am there more than any other place.  Now this isn't Nashville but if you are like me and aren't in or within a few hours driving time you have the alternatives.  

In the past few months we have had: Michael Ray, Chase Rice, Jacob Davis, Cale Dodds, Jana Kramer, Seth Ennis.  We have CMT Instant Jams featuring Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean plays UGA, there is Thomas Rhett, Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt.  You will sometimes have members of R.E.M. and Widespread Panic hop on stage.  Heck we have had Marilyn Manson and Blackberry Smoke. 

This town is by far one of the most diverse musically that I have been in personally. 



This past week Frankie Ballard was in town.  You know you always give a great first impression when you go to shake his hand in a Meet and Greet when you trip and your flip flop goes flying.  Well this makes for a more unforgettable meeting right?

Frankie was such a sweet heart, him and his manager wanted to make sure I was okay and they tried to "catch" me.  Haha thanks guys!


I thanked for coming to Athens and told him how excited for the show I was.  Maybe a little fan girl inside but I played it cool.

(The glare on my glasses makes it look like I have white tape, nerd glasses.  It's a glare ;) )

I have never seen Frankie live before but I have heard so many great things.  

I don't care too much for the opening act (I know, what??) so I will just skip that. 




Frankie and his band got up on stage and just lit it on fire.  It was so cool to see such a different show than the typical ones that I have been seeing.  The guy can play a guitar and not only that the guy can play the drums.






He actually started with the songs that people know from the radio.

Sunshine and Whiskey
Young and Crazy
Helluva Life

He threw in some Johnny Cash "A Boy named Sue"

His guitar player even took the mic while Frankie took the drums and played The Wallflowers "One Headlight".

I loved it.  

The only down fall of the entire night was that I am 5' 2" and all the tall people decided they needed to be front row so I could see mainly from the neck up on him.



The show was incredible.  He is definitely an act that I will see again and again. 

Like I said in Athens, Thanks for coming and spending the night with us!

xo, 
Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment